Except as part of the sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Cetaris, Cetaris will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to any third party unless we have your explicit opt-in consent. We will only use and/or disclose personal information in order to: provide you with any services that you have engaged Cetaris for; understand and meet your needs and preferences; develop new and enhance existing service and product offerings; manage and develop our business and operations; and meet legal and regulatory requirements. Cetaris will request your consent when your information may be used for marketing or activities not directly related the functioning of this site or the fulfillment of contractual obligations.
We also reserve the right to use, disclose, sell, trade or rent aggregated data, provided that the data is not linked to any specific individual. Except where we are required by law to disclose personal information, we will require any person to whom we provide your personal information to agree to comply with our then current Policy. We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that they comply with this Policy; however, to the extent allowed under applicable law, we will have no liability to you if any person fails to do so.
To be able to serve you, your personal information may be collected, stored and/or processed or otherwise used by or on our behalf both inside and outside of Canada and the United States by third party service providers or by companies in the Cetaris corporate family, to perform cloud storage, payment processing and functions on our behalf. As a result, that country's courts, governments or law enforcement agencies could obtain disclosure of such information under that country's laws.
This site uses the following categories of cookies :
• Strictly necessary cookies - these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, a first part session-id, which identifies a user and stores the application servers to use for the user’s session.
• Analytics & customization cookies - these functional cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our websites and applications for you in order to enhance your experience.
• Performance & functionality cookies - these cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
We do not track our visitors across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your internet browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
This site is intended for audiences at least 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. We reserve the right to delete any information we believe to be in violation of this Policy.
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do that. If your data changes (like a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements. We do not intend to retain personal information longer than necessary for such purpose(s), unless necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
We will provide an individual access to any personal information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request this information from us by contacting us using the contact information provided above. Unless it’s prohibited by law, we’ll remove any personal information about an individual from our servers at their request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update his or her personal information.
In addition to your right to certain information contained in this Policy, pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights regarding your personal data that we hold:
• be informed of our intent to transfer your personal information to another country or international organization, the recipients of that information, and where information regarding the applicable privacy safeguards may be obtained;
• request access to your personal information;
• request correction of your personal information if it is incorrect;
• request that we delete or stop processing your personal information under certain circumstances;
• object to our processing of your personal information under certain circumstances;
• request that we restrict our processing of your personal information, and where our processing is based on your consent, withdraw that consent (which may be done by emailing: [email protected]) without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
• request that we transmit your personal information either to you or another service provider under certain circumstances (costs may apply);
• be informed of your right to complain to a supervisory authority if you feel that we have not complied with applicable laws regulating your personal information (contact information for supervisory authorities may be found here:
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. For more information, or to make a request, please email: [email protected] with your name, email address, request, and basis for your request.
Our website includes social media features, like a Facebook login button for allowing users to share blog articles. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. We also maintain presences on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
We incorporate reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your identifying information. However, no data transmission over the internet, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our services and provide us with your information at your own risk. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then Cetaris will notify you as soon as possible in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
You understand that electronic communications may be accessed by unauthorized parties when communicated across the internet, network communications facilities, or other electronic means. You agree that we are not responsible for any electronic communication and/or any of your data which may be lost, altered, intercepted or stored without authorization during the transmission of any data whatsoever across networks not owned and/or operated by us. We do not guarantee that your information will not be misused or disclosed to third parties. We will not have any liability to you for any such misuse or disclosure.
Cetaris reserves the right to occasionally update this Policy to reflect company and customer feedback or changes to privacy legislation. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how Cetaris is using and protecting your personal information. This Policy has an effective date of June 27, 2018
By using the site, you consent to the collection and use of your information as set forth in this Policy. Except as required or allowed by law, we will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose for which you refuse us consent or later withdraw your consent. If you withdraw consent, you agree that in spite of this withdrawal we may continue to use the personal information previously provided to us to the extent that we are legally or contractually obligated to do so and to the extent necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have to Cetaris. You also understand that although you can use our site for some purposes without providing us with any personal information, we need personal information about you for some services, including those that involve an ongoing relationship with Cetaris or our partners. If you refuse to provide us with the information we require or later withdraw your consent to use and disclose this information, we may no longer be able to provide you with these services.