Being a Developer at Cetaris means working on incredible projects, mastering your craft, and working on a product team with some of the most talented people in the industry. The Cetaris mobile product team are a friendly, collaborative group of people working together to develop a suite of mobile web applications for our customers. Our team is passionate about solving complex business problems using Agile methodologies and paired development.
Our growing Cetaris development team is looking for a Junior Front end Developer with Javasacript/Angular 8+ to join our front end development product team. You need to be able to identify problems, investigate and understand business rules, perform research, explore proof of concepts, and code functional, clean code. We are looking for an individual who has an understanding of web applications, Angular, agile frameworks, and HTML/CSS/SASS/LESS. These are all important aspects of this role and will be a part of your everyday workflow.
About Cetaris #
Cetaris builds leading-edge Enterprise Asset Management software to help some of the world’s largest organizations to manage millions of fleet and fixed assets in over fifty countries. We enable customers to mine mission-critical data to optimize the maintenance of their assets. In 2020, Cetaris won Best Tech Work Culture at the Timmy Awards. Visit www.cetaris.com/careers to learn more about us!
Our Environment #
We help our teams grow and learn together through peer to peer mentoring, hackathons, regular developer learning huddles, and local tech community involvement.
What you will do? #
- Bring designs to life by using cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Collaborate with our UX design team to maintain consistency across our applications and iterate on design concepts to improve the user experience
- Work closely with developers and QA analysts to implement clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Create smart UI components for high performance, scalable web applications
- Participate in our agile process and focus on continuous improvement
Requirements and Skills #
- Post-secondary education in computer science, engineering, web development or other equivalent certifications/diplomas
- 1-2 years’ experience building business web applications from the ground up
- Understanding of RESTful architecture and APIs · 1-2 years’ experience maintaining and managing multiple applications with a focus on reusability and modularity
- 1+ years’ experience with responsive web development and mobile standards · Experience with version control systems like Git and Microsoft DevOps
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiar with pair programming, continuous integration, and coding standards
Personal attributes #
- You like to be in a super-collaborative environment
- You have good communication skills and are able to convey and debate your ideas
- You are passionate about empathizing with customer/user needs, motivations, and behaviours, and can translate that empathy into highly usable deliverables
- You are strong at prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- You are able to embrace the best idea even when it is not your own
- You are interested in learning new technologies and are open to new frameworks
- You value achieving exceptional outcomes and enjoying the ride along the way
Bonus points #
- A portfolio that demonstrates a variety of your skills as a Jr. Front End Web Developer
- Have experience with asset management software or the transportation industry
- Knowledge of automated testing, unit testing, and user interface end to end testing
- Worked with voice recognition
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications
- Knowledge of developing app stores for iOS/Android deployment
- Experience developing with Cordova, Ionic, or other progressive web app/hybrid application frameworks
- Understanding or experience with localization
- Familiar with RXJS or Reactive Programming
Why Cetaris? #
- When we’re working from home – virtual team events including cooking classes, online games, costume contests, and other on-camera fun
- When we’re in the office - outdoor team events including good food, skiing, summer BBQs, foosball tournaments, potlucks, boat rides, and more...
- Flexible work hours
- Sit/stand workstations
- Health benefits
- Learning support
- Support for you and your significant others during Covid times
Our Core Values #
- Respect the Individual
- Work with Integrity
- Encourage Innovation
- Strive for Excellence
- Persevere – Never Give Up
- Always Learn & Share
- Have Fun – Enjoy the Journey
How to Contact Us #
If our Jr. Front End Lead Developer role sounds like a good fit for you, please send us your letter of introduction and resume to [email protected].
We thank you for your interest, and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Accessibility and Inclusion at Cetaris #
At Cetaris, we believe in providing a safe, equitable, and accessible space for all. If you are an applicant with a disability, we encourage you to reach out to discuss your individual accessibility needs at any phase in the application process. Email us at [email protected] to begin the conversation.