About the design team #
Our growing Cetaris design team is looking for a highly motivated User Experience (UX) Designer who is excited to get to work solving complex problems for users! Under the guidance of our Lead UX Designer, you will play a role in designing user-focused solutions for our mobile application suite. You will be responsible for making the product vision a reality using a variety of user-centric design methods.
As an intermediate, we understand that you are still developing your skills and we want to help you grow in your career by giving you an opportunity to learn hands-on with real projects. In this role, you’ll get to collaborate closely with a cross-functional product team, identifying, and executing on opportunities to improve our user experience across the Cetaris mobile applications suite.
What you will do: #
- Advocate for good user experiences above all else.
- Work with the design team to define and refine the user experience of the Cetaris mobile suite of applications.
- Work closely with our team of designers and developers to maintain and enhance our design systems component library and help implement it across the Cetaris ecosystem.
- Collaborate and build innovative voice user interface (VUI) solutions.
- Contribute to the design process with: research, user personas, sitemaps, user-flows, wireframes, user testing plans, interface designs, UI design systems, and more.
- Communicate and present your designs to non-designers like customers and coworkers, so they understand the reason behind the design decisions you make.
- Research, design, test, release, learn, and repeat.
What you need: #
- A graduate degree or certificate from a program in user experience design, human-computer interaction, web design, web development, or related field.
- 2 to 5 years of UX and/or UI design experience working with digital products.
- A portfolio that displays experience in UX best practices and modern trends in UI design.
- Proficient skills with current design tools (we use Sketch) and prototyping tools like InVision.
- Experience designing for mobile, tablet, and responsive web-based apps.
- Experience participating in usability testing and research, as well as an understanding of the value it brings to the work you do.
- Fundamental HTML and CSS to communicate with developers and support the implementation of your designs.
About you: #
- You have an innate curiosity and a desire to solve complex problems for humans.
- You have excellent communication skills and an ability to convey and debate design decisions.
- You are passionate about empathizing with customers/user needs, motivations, and behaviours, and can translate that empathy into your work.
- You have a hunger to learn, and you ask a lot of questions.
- You realize there is never one right answer and always search out new solutions to complex problems.
- You have a passion project on the side.
- You are active in the design community.
- You have experience designing for voice interactions.
- You have experience working on a design system or with a design system.
- You have experience working at an enterprises of software or software product company.
At Cetaris, we believe in creating a safe, equitable, and accessible space for all. If you are an applicant with a disability, we welcome you to reach out to discuss your individual accessibility needs at any phase in the application process. Email us at [email protected] to begin the conversation.
How to Apply #
Send your cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio to Michelle Farley, our Design Hiring Manager at [email protected]. We thank you for your interest in Cetaris, and will contact you if you are selected for an interview!