Read on for April 2021's Version 10 mobile app release summary. Or, to read about the release of our flagship application, check out the Cetaris Version 10 Release Summary.
Cetaris Version 10 saw some big improvements to the Cetaris Mobile suite. Cetaris Vendor was unveiled, an all-new vendor portal designed to allow tour team to instantly connect with vendors by securely sending, receiving, and collaborating on purchase orders. An all-new inspection module was added to Cetaris Fix, allowing your team to complete mobile inspections securely from work devices. Read on for a review of the highlights!
New Features in Cetaris Fix #
Create Work Order Enhancement #
In Cetaris 10, the work order process has been to simplify the process of adding tasks and service reminders while improving overall usability and performance.
Include PM / DVCR Due date on the Task List and WO Detail page #
PM and DVCR due dates have been added to the Task List making it easier for technicians to track due dates.
Direct inspections #
Direct inspections allow the administrator to add an inspection template to their standard job which can then be added to a work order.
- Standard jobs are made for work that is done regularly using a standard set of instructions, and inspections are quite similar. Inspections happen regularly following an established checklist containing steps.
- Adding inspection templates to a standard job allows the inspection to be added to a work order and performed alongside other direct tasks (repair lines).
- Having inspections added to a direct task/repair line gives the technician the flexibility to perform the inspection and then add labor entries and parts if they are able to perform a repair immediately.
Indirect inspections #
Indirect to be used for high volume, quick inspections that are outside of maintenance and/or when labor should not be charged against maintenance costs of the equipment.
- Indirect inspections allow you to begin a simplified inspection with less data.
- An example could be a 30-point safety inspection checklist for a yard check that should be charged to safety instead of maintenance
Conditional actions #
Conditional actions allow the administrator to prompt the technician to add a photo, note or task based on the answer provided. For example, if an inspection step asks for a PASS or FAIL then the admin can request a note to be taken when if the technician responds with a FAIL
- Photos can be taken on the spot with the mobile device camera
- In additional to actions setup by the admin, the technician can add a note, photo or task manually
- All actions are recorded on the printed inspection for record keeping
An admin can require that digital signatures be added to the inspection. The app prompts the technician to sign before completing.
- Legal text can be able to be added to the signature request eg “I hereby certify that this inspection etc…”
- Signatures show up on the printed report as well as in Cetaris Fix
Voice inspections #
Technicians can record their inspections handsfree with the help of a voice assistant and a headset microphone.
- The voice assistant can adjust to different phrases and learn how to understand the technician better over time. Through repeated use of the app, the assistant will learn to speak your language: “Nope”, “Nah”, “Not today” instead of just strictly listening for “no”
- A simple experience and voice user interface allows for a short learning curve for technicians with varying levels of technical literacy
Inspections can be printed for record-keeping or to provide a copy to the driver. Printed checklists can also be used to complete an inspection in areas with bad poor internet connection.
- Print checklists
- Include or exclude photos in the print version
- PDF versions of the report can be viewed when completed
New Product: Cetaris Vendor #
Cetaris Vendor is a web interface designed for Cetaris users to collaborate with their vendors and 3rd party suppliers by securely sending, receiving or updating purchase orders from any device. Suppliers will have the flexibility of creating and collaborating with customers on POs from quotation to completion.
Vendor Dashboard #
Vendor now includes a Dashboard to view key performance indicators, review changes to purchase orders, and other insights that matter to your business.
View Purchase Order Lists #
Your Vendors can quickly access a list of all the purchase orders related to the work as well a prominent reminder of the Promise Date/Time.
Improve Efficiency of Outside Work #
With automatic alerts between you and your vendors, you can say goodbye to clunky manual communication and say hello to real-time updates and alerts as the status of your work changes.
Create and customize inspection checklists and allow your inspection team to walk through the checklist using mobile or voice. Create unique inspections by asset, make, or model. Easily attach photos and notes to an inspection line. Add logic to your digital inspections by making certain steps required based on answers in the inspection. Set up different inspection line types based on the type of information you want to capture: multiple selectors, drop downs, open text fields, numerical fields, barcode scanner, date/time fields, and more.
Create Work Order Enhancement #
Optimized the work order process to simplify the process of adding tasks and service reminders, while improving performance.
Track deadlines from the Task List #
Due dates for PMs and DVCRs are visible right from the Task List, making it easier than ever for technicians to track due dates and prioritize work.