Be part of an intimate Agile team, helping us build the next generation of web applications for our Enterprise Asset Management platform.
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Web Engineer to join our user interface engineering team on the ground floor as we deliver cutting
edge experiences for desktop, tablet and mobile web users. This is a permanent full-time role located in Toronto/GTA.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Senior Front end Web Engineer, you are able to:
- Design, write code, and develop sophisticated UI features for high performance, scalable web applications
- Create wireframes, user flows, and prototypes that guide the design of the product
- Show a strong visual design sense and understanding of web & mobile UX standards
- Work with the team, scrum master and product owners to refine a backlog of features into stories ensuring that you understand what users are trying to achieve
- Deliver features that are secure against the threats faced on the web and are proven to deliver functionality through automated tests
- Evaluate and make effective recommendations of open source frameworks and libraries
- Mentor other team members and encourage knowledge sharing, by identifying and communicating best practices for front-end engineering to produce maintainable code
- Advocate for the use of the full potential that technology brings to our business and clients
Bootstrap, BreezeJS, Single Page Application architectures and RESTfull APIs will be put to good use as your team drives new capabilities
and evolves current ones.
Annual salary (based on experience) + bonus. Shared medical and dental benefits.
Qualifications And Experience:
You should apply if:
- You are technically strong with 5+ years' experience working on large web products
- You have a sound understanding of programming fundamentals and know how they apply to highly scalable web based systems
- You have strong test-driven development skills and are an expert at debugging code using debuggers and other tools
- You contribute to or work with Open Source web projects
- You continuously learn and stay on top of industry, technology, language and process trends
- You have a great work ethic and feel strong ownership for the end result
- You are pragmatic in outlook and an excellent communicator
Exposure to development operations practices and technologies is an asset, as we seek to eliminate friction and drive automation
across all aspects of the platform.
Working knowledge with these technologies and tools is a bonus: C#, ASP.NET WebAPI, SQL, Visual Studio, Git and Team Foundation Service.
Experience with asset management systems is desirable but not mandatory.
How to apply
Send us your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com